Netra Tarpana is a special Ayurvedic treatment for the eyes. It relieves tiredness and also improves eyesight. It is highly recommended for people who regularly work at computers, operate machinery, drive for long periods or anyone who is currently suffering from tired, aching and sore eyes.
This Ayurveda treatment for eyes is carried out in combination with a face massage and is experienced by our guests as being very enjoyable, relaxing and effective. This therapy takes around 30 minutes in total.
Freshly made dough rings filled with fragrant oils are placed around the eyes, sterilized cows ghee (a clear butter-like liquid) is gently poured onto the eyes while they are kept open. It is very effective at treating eye diseases and poor or blurred vision.
Recommended for: people who spend a lot of time on computers, people suffering from blurred vision, eye infections or generally tired and aching eyes.
- Balances Vata and pitta doshas.
- Improves the vision
- Removes dark circles under the eyes.
- Revitalizes and rejuvenates tired, dry , rough and injured eyes
- Strengthens the nerves and muscles of the eyes
- Eye strain due to constant glaring of the computer or television screen; eye strain due to precision job like jewellery designing; long distance drive
- Prevents formation of cataract
- Burning in the eyes
- Dry eye syndrome
- Chronic Conjunctivitis
- Pain in the eyes
- Watering and cloudiness of the eyes
- Night Blindness
- Corneal ulcers
- Refractive errors of the eyes.
- Early stages of retinitis pigmentosa
- Early stages of retinopathy